Thursday, October 2, 2014

This melted my heart!

While visiting a local fall shabby sale my sis and I ran across this pigeon crate. We were in awe as it was my dads. He passed in 2013! I wonder who had it and the story behind it when they bought it from him. He raced pigeons for many many years. The memories I have as a child driving with him and releasing pigeons is one that I will never forget. His name was Harlo. This was his way of marking things or he would use green spray paint. We couldn't leave it there. It is now residing on my porch.
 Some other treasures from my parents place. Deer horns, you can never have to many these days. This old box had to come home with me. My mom had old records in it for many years.

 I realized the other day I have a thing for pillows. All shapes, sizes and even color. My bed takes about ten minutes just to get in at night lol.
You wont believe this but I had never been to World Market until a couple weeks ago. I have since been back twice now. I came home with these treasures. Oh my their prices are incredible. Hoping to get some fall decorating done this weekend. Time flies by. I cant believe it is October already. Have a wonderful day. The sun shines here! Blessings.  Pam

2 comments:

  1. How sweet that you were able to recover something of your father.

    My husband complains about all the pillows on the bed. I love them for decoration, but also for propping up when I read.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my heart rejoices with you in finding your Dad's old crate! How wonderful! Love your other goodies, especially that crown. I have a thing for those! Don't think we have a World Market in my area.

    ReplyDelete

We do not remember days we remember moments!