Saturday, March 9, 2013

Dad is Home!

  7/1/1929-3/9/2013 83 yrs old!
I have no regrets! God continues to bless me and be in control... My dad went home sometime in the night.
As I prepare for my trip to Israel, I wanted to go see my dad even if he was asleep just to give him a kiss, hug and tell him I loved him. He is 45 mins away and last evening we headed down to see him. I decided as it was approaching 7:00 pm to call first to let them know I was coming. They said he was up eating dinner and they would wheel him in his chair to the living room and he would wait for me! They told him his daughter was coming and he smiled real big. Now he has 4 daughters so I cant take the credit for that as he didn't know which one was coming but any of us and he was always excited. He was awake and as I got to the glass door I could see him and I smiled real big. He had oxygen on and was very frail, thin in the face but always clean shaven, smelled good. I said Hi dad, hugged him, kissed his head and said oh I love you so much. Asked him if he was in any pain, he said softly no, asked him if he needed anything and he said I'm all right. I replied you never complain. I told him about our trip and how I was taking my son Noah, daughter Jordan, husband and granddaughter and that Penny's whole family was going too! He smiled and shook his head. Told him everyone sends their love and that Brother Bill would be there Sunday to see him. He smiled. I asked if he was tired and he said yes. I could tell. I said ok dad you can go to bed. I knew in my heart that would be the last time I saw him.... He went sometime last evening. It has been a day of shock, peace and comfort knowing he is not suffering anymore, sadness, tears. However I have no regret and know everything went the way it was suppose too! Our family is holding service until we return. I believe it will be the 30th of March. I pray for healing this trip. It has only been about 7weeks since moms passing.  I miss them both dearly.. Thanks for all your continued support and prayers. Blessings Pam

8 comments:

  1. so sorry, pam. hugs to you and your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOW MOM AND DAD CAN BE TOGETHER AGAIN. YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE ALL IN OUR PRAYERS. WE LOVE YOU. LAURA AND TONI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam...sending healing thoughts to you. Just knowing both of your parents are at peace is such a blessing. Love you...
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post and how wonderful that you were able to see him before he went HOME. So sorry for your loss. We never stop missing them. Sending prayers for comfort and to ease your heart. Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your parents will be with you in spirit on your trip and always. Peace to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ((((((HUGS))))) He is in a much better place as hard as it is for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, my thoughts and prayers are with you! Blessings on your trip!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! So sorry for your loss!
    HUgs from me! Linda

    ReplyDelete

We do not remember days we remember moments!